Saturday, November 7, 2009

Merry Shumway's Whole Wheat Bread

My Mom shared this recipe with me, and I make it all the time. She got it from Merry.


Whole Wheat Bread


3 cups warm water

2 cups applesauce

1 T. salt

2 T yeast

1 T oil

1/2 cup honey (put the oil in the 1/2 cup measuring cup, then add the honey. Easy clean up).

3 cups white flour

8 cups wheat flour (you can play around with this and add more wheat and less white if you want. My mom sometimes uses only wheat).

1/4 cup gluten


Mix together in mixer to form dough. (I let the yeast grow in the water for about 5 minutes before I add the rest).


Let raise in mixer, punch back down. Form into three loaves, let raise again. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before removing from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment