Sunday, November 15, 2009

Danelle's Fruit Pizza


So this recipe (and picture) is totally stolen from Danelle. This photo is of her creation and her hand. I swiped it from her blog. I asked her for the recipe, and here it is, word for word, from the e-mail she sent me:


This is how I make it: I buy one of the pouches of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix and blend it like the directions say, then I smear that into a sheet cake pan and bake it. While it's baking I mix 1 small tub of Cool Whip with 1 package of cream cheese, blend those together and add about 1/4 cup of confectioner sugar. While the sugar cookie is cooling I cut up all the fruit I want to enjoy. Bananas are really yummy on it, but they brown so easily, so I just cut them and add them onto individual pieces when I actually serve it. Stay away from anything too JUICY, because it sometimes makes the cookie soggy...mandarine oranges are about as wet as you can go...no pineapple unless you're eating it quickly. Frost the cooled cookie and apply fruit. It is delish! Enjoy. I've actually seen individual sugar cookies done at parties, cute, but more time consuming.
Thanks Danelle!

1 comment:

  1. Out of curiosity (which kills cats and leads me to wonder why more cats aren't curious) I googled my own name and among the few finds was THIS. Wow! I totally didn't even know I was a "celebrity" (my own quote) guest contributor on your food blog. I am stoked, and also very puzzled as to why I have never been asked to be a hand model.

    ReplyDelete